Thursday, October 21, 2010

Swedish Cuisine in Tokyo

Today, for fun, I went to a new restaurant. Well, a restaurant that was new to me, in any case. You get the picture.

I have some fraction of Swedish ancestry, so I Googled (Googlimashita?) "tokyo swedish restaurant", and came up with the above link'd Lilla Dalarna in Roppongi. I suppose it's no surprise to find a foreign restaurant in a neighborhood like Roppongi filled with embassies, Western-style discotheques (man, that was tough to spell), and folks from all over the world. However, I guess I was a bit surprised to find a couple Swedish restaurants with my extensive Googling.

It was overcast and periodically raining, but we all had a good time and some good food. It's only a hop, skip, and a jump from the Roppongi station on the Hibiya line, or the Tokyo Subway. Just head toward Roppongi Hills or the Azabu Police Station, if you just happen to know where that is because your friend got a parking ticket at last year's Father's Day brunch in Hiroo. I had the meatball lunch, which wasn't all that different from what you get at Ikea, but it was good. The lunch menu is reasonably priced, and you get salad, bread, and either coffee or tea with the set price. Carlsberg on tap.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment